The global racing calendar reaches a competitive climax each December with the LONGINES Hong Kong International Races (LHKIR). This year's spectacular event will be held at Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday 14 December and a new themed website has been launched to mark the occasion, featuring several interactive elements.
Interactive highlights of the site, which can be found at campaign.hkjc.com/en/2014-hkir/2014-hkir-index.aspx, include:
• Polling of racing fans on various LHKIR topics to stimulate their interest in preparations for the feature races. In the first polling topic, racegoers are invited to vote for their favourite of twelve star horses and express their ideas.
• An Instagram (photo 1) function offering fans the chance to upload and share their LHKIR-related photos with others.
• An LHKIR online game (photo 2) to be launched on 21 November. The first 8,000 participants to solve the puzzles will each receive a Portable Bluetooth Speaker.
• Live Cast (photo 3) of the four International Group 1 races on 14 December. For the first time, racing fans from all over the world will be able to witness the exciting action on web at the same time as those at Sha Tin Racecourse.
The theme site will also offer a wealth of useful LHKIR information, such as:
• Race-related news, facts and figures; details of on-course activities for the LHKIR week; and descriptions of the themed merchandise available.
• Comments and insights on the feature races by renowned racing icons (from 25 November onwards).
• The announcement of selected runners for the four International Group 1 races on 26 November. From this list, selected "hero horses" will be chosen, then the website will cover in detail their race preparations right up to the big day.
• Video interviews with horse connections from 5 December onwards, a week ahead of the big day, as well as stories of the unsung heroes behind the LHKIR.
More detail to above will be announced soon. All game participants and entrants to the racecourse must be aged 18 or above.